An Anna Travis Mystery
When an ex-police officer from the murder squad is found shot in a dank squat, Ann Travis is pulled onto the case. As the body count rises and the investigation becomes ever more complex, suspicion falls on Fitzpatrick. Is he still alive and in the UK? Could he be the killer, with terrifying access to the most lethal drug in existence?
Added to Cart
Get our latest book recommendations, author news and sweepstakes right to your inbox
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Deadly Intent
Mass Market Paperback 9781849832335(0.1 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Lynda La Plante
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
Lynda La Plante
Questions and Topics for Discussion
1. The book begins with a scene that reveals the murderer to the reader. As the book progresses, the reader has more knowledge of the crime than the detectives have access to. Why do you think the author chose to structure the story in this way as opposed to giving the reader the same perspective that was given to the detectives?
2. DCI Cunningham is very critical of Anna when they first meet. Why does she judge Anna so harshly? Does her opinion of Anna ever change?
3. “After all these months, he still had a stranglehold over her emotions. She knew that she was still in love with him, no matter what he had done” (page 156). This passage describes how Anna feels when she first sees Langton after their breakup. How do these feelings change as the book progresses?
4. Compare Anna’s feelings for Langton with her feelings for Pete. How are the two men different? Do they have any similarities?
5. Anna learns a great deal about detective work from DCI Langton and adopts his mantra that there is no such thing as a coincidence. How does this belief help her in solving the case?
6. What clues led Anna to believe that Alexander Fitzpatrick is back in the UK? Why is she the only one who thinks this is possible?
7. Despite Anna’s admiration for Langton’s detective work, she interrogates witnesses very differently see more