Added to Cart
Get our latest book recommendations, author news and sweepstakes right to your inbox
To download a file to your computer right-click on the link and choose 'save file as'
High Resolution Images
- Book Cover Image (jpg): Dedication
Mass Market Paperback 9781847391247(0.8 MB)
- Author Photo (jpg): Nicola Kraus
Photo Credit:(0.1 MB)
Any use of an author photo must include its respective photo credit
Reading Group Guide
2. Discuss Jake's parents. How does his mother's alcoholism affect his life? What about his father's abandonment?
3. Discuss the group of friends Kate and Jake are a part of and how their lives played out. What do you think compelled Kate and Jake to leave town, whereas all of their friends stayed? How has staying vs. leaving affected everyone?
4. Kate's mom had an affair, Jake's dad had an affair, and Jake re-connects with Kate immediately after announcing his engagement to Eden. How does infidelity ricochet down the generations?
5. Why do you think it takes so long for Kate's parents to talk to each other about what has happened? Do you think they blame each other or themselves for the condition of their marriage?
6. Kate "got out of the car" (p. 214) and left Jake just as she always wanted to do. But when Jocelyn delivers the “what if I never left?” note (p. 218), Kate decides to go to him. Why do you think she does? Have you ever given someone a second chance against your better judgment?
7. When Kate is swept into Jake's world, she discovers a lot of absurdity, from the team of assistants to Jake's nakedness before a performance. The authors drew heavily on their own experiences working for celebrities. How does our celebrity cu see more